You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Enable messages in iCloud" option does not appear on my Mac?

Purchased new MacBook Pro 14" and I have 40+ GB of messages stored in iCloud, but my messages app doesn't show the "Enable messages in iCloud" button. Only new messages since purchasing MacBook Pro are appearing in messages app. iPhone has iCloud Messages turned on. How do I get ALL my messages from iCloud onto my MacBook Pro 14"

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 10:04 AM

6 replies

Dec 17, 2021 8:48 AM in response to PatelCartel

If a web mail address say example1@gmail.com is created and its web address and password is signed in Mac system preferences , the Apple ID address and password is kept same as web mail address , it will always show enabled in messages preferences .

In this example screen shot at present Apple ID signed in Mac system preferences is example2@icloud.com , however its choice of the user , can be switched to gmail account Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Note : is your Apple ID created with gmail services accordingly or you are using some different mail address signed as an Apple ID , with private network services like VPN services or else .

Jan 5, 2022 7:28 AM in response to tygb

After 1+ month of back and forth with Apple Support. Hours on the phone. Tons and tons of logs sent....my BRAND new >$2K laptop has a glitch and I should have "Enable message in iCloud" as an option available to me. The recommendation is to re-install my macOS in the hopes that resolves the issue. This was an error I discovered and it took me 1 month to convince Apple this was an issue on my MacBook Pro 14. I wonder what else is or is not working on my MacBook as it should. Very disappointed...

"Enable messages in iCloud" option does not appear on my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.