You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting photos on my iPhone 6s

My (old) iPhone 6s is now out of storage. All photos are backed up on iCloud. If I delete the photos on the iPhone to make room for more, will the photos stay in place on iCloud? I don't want to delete those too.

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 7:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 7:46 AM

If you are using iCloud photos, if you delete the photos from the phone, it will delete them from iCloud. That is how iCloud photos work. If you turn off iCloud photos on the phone you can delete the photos without removing them from iCloud. However, if you want to take more photos on the phone and then try to add them to iCloud, you will run into trouble because the phone does not have room for all of the other photos that you have in iCloud. You will be unable to sync iCloud because of the lack of room on your device.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 18, 2021 7:46 AM in response to 0220iL

If you are using iCloud photos, if you delete the photos from the phone, it will delete them from iCloud. That is how iCloud photos work. If you turn off iCloud photos on the phone you can delete the photos without removing them from iCloud. However, if you want to take more photos on the phone and then try to add them to iCloud, you will run into trouble because the phone does not have room for all of the other photos that you have in iCloud. You will be unable to sync iCloud because of the lack of room on your device.

Deleting photos on my iPhone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.