You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you install Apps on a Family Setup Apple Watch? In the iPhone Watch app, I do not get an "Available Apps" section.

How do you install Apps on a Apple Watch that was setup with Family Setup ? In the iPhone Watch app, I do not get an "Available Apps" section.

The Apple Watch is for my child under 13 and I created a new icloud account for his watch. He does not have an iPhone, I used Family Setup with the Watch app on my iPhone to setup the watch for him. I have apps on my iPhone that have companion apps on the iPhone but there is no "Available Apps" section.

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 3:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 12:57 PM

Hello - we are able to install apps using the App Store on the Apple Watch. However I can not install apps like ESPN that require the app to be installed on an iPhone to then be available to install on the Apple Watch via "Available Apps".

Can you please advise how I install ESPN to my child's Family Setup Apple Watch?

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 28, 2021 12:57 PM in response to Eric_G1

Hello - we are able to install apps using the App Store on the Apple Watch. However I can not install apps like ESPN that require the app to be installed on an iPhone to then be available to install on the Apple Watch via "Available Apps".

Can you please advise how I install ESPN to my child's Family Setup Apple Watch?

Dec 27, 2021 11:01 AM in response to uofmbrent

Hello uofmbrent,

We see you have a question about installing apps to the Apple Watch, and we'd be happy to help.

Have they been able to try using the App Store on the Apple Watch itself to see if they can install the apps in this manner? This page here has details on how to do so: Download apps on your Apple Watch

If they run into issues with that, you may need to check on Screen Time settings to see what's currently set as allowed/disallowed: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers.

Dec 29, 2021 11:50 AM in response to uofmbrent

uofmbrent,

We're glad to hear you got some apps installed with the provided steps.

With an Apple Watch set up via Family Setup, this will mean not all apps/features may be available, as they'll depend on having a companion iPhone. There's a note on that here: Set up Apple Watch for a family member

As the page notes, this will also include some Apple apps and features, such as the Podcasts app for example.

Cheers.

How do you install Apps on a Family Setup Apple Watch? In the iPhone Watch app, I do not get an "Available Apps" section.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.