You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What if I don’t change the country of my Apple ID?

I’ve moved again, but I’m fed up with all the hassle one has to go through changing the country on my account. And do I have to? I still have my old bank account and so, so payments can go on without any problem. In this day and age I think it should be easier to change countries. I really can’t be bothered again with all of the trouble ending subscriptions and what not and downloading stuff again and again. Since 1990, I’ve moved nine times between Norway, Sweden, Finland and Portugal so I’ll leave it as it is this time. Sosumi.

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 1:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 11:00 AM

Hi Wilfred,

We see that you're wondering if it's necessary to change the country associated with your Apple ID. The availability of certain content can vary depending on where you're located (See Availability of Apple Media Services - Apple Support for more information). If you find that you're no longer able to access specific content, a subscription, etc. once you've moved to a new location, that would be a scenario where it's suggested that you change your Apple ID country or region to match where you're actually located.

You do not need to change the country on your account if you do not want to and everything is working as expected. If you do have a new payment method issued for the new country in the future, you will likely be required to update your location at that point:

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 30, 2021 11:00 AM in response to Wilfred Hildonen

Hi Wilfred,

We see that you're wondering if it's necessary to change the country associated with your Apple ID. The availability of certain content can vary depending on where you're located (See Availability of Apple Media Services - Apple Support for more information). If you find that you're no longer able to access specific content, a subscription, etc. once you've moved to a new location, that would be a scenario where it's suggested that you change your Apple ID country or region to match where you're actually located.

You do not need to change the country on your account if you do not want to and everything is working as expected. If you do have a new payment method issued for the new country in the future, you will likely be required to update your location at that point:

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

Take care.

What if I don’t change the country of my Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.