You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you add a channel I’m already subscribed to?

I want to add currently subscribed channels to the Apple TV app on my iPad. How do I do that?

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 9:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 9:32 AM

Are you actually subscribed to channels in the TV App on another device? Or are you subscribed to the standalone apps for the services? They are different subscriptions and cannot be mixed.

If you are subscribed to channels within the Apple TV App, then they should automatically appear on all devices using the same Apple ID that was used to subscribe, there is nothing you would need to do.

If you subscribed to the stand alone apps on another device, then you would need to sign in to the same stand alone apps on your iPad with the account you used in the Apps. Those subscriptions cannot be used with the channels in the Apple TV App.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 30, 2021 9:32 AM in response to deann295

Are you actually subscribed to channels in the TV App on another device? Or are you subscribed to the standalone apps for the services? They are different subscriptions and cannot be mixed.

If you are subscribed to channels within the Apple TV App, then they should automatically appear on all devices using the same Apple ID that was used to subscribe, there is nothing you would need to do.

If you subscribed to the stand alone apps on another device, then you would need to sign in to the same stand alone apps on your iPad with the account you used in the Apps. Those subscriptions cannot be used with the channels in the Apple TV App.

How do you add a channel I’m already subscribed to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.