You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disabled phone, how to retrieve data

My phone is disabled after too many attempts to log in. Can I retrieve my data somehow?

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 9:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 9:24 AM

Unfortunately, no. Once your phone has been disabled your data is gone. Follow the instructions on the link above your post to enable your phone, then restore your data from a backup if you made one.

7 replies

Jan 1, 2022 9:54 AM in response to jhoedl

Apple has no way to recover data from your phone. Proof has nothing to do with it. The real pity is that you didn’t take advantage of any of the multiple ways that Apple provides for backing up your phone and syncing its data to cloud servers. The easiest is automatic nightly backups. All you have to do is turn backups on once, then leave the phone plugged in overnight.

Jan 1, 2022 10:10 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

It's actually for my daughter's phone and she had automatic backups on. Somehow her link to the family Cloud stopped and many of her photos did not get backed up. Her phone indicated that iCloud was full even though the family iCloud still had a lot of storage remaining. Of course she should have remedied this so that her photos continued to get backed up.... but it's too late now it seems. She says she's learned her lesson!

disabled phone, how to retrieve data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.