You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly black screen on boot up

Hi hope u r doing great i hav macbook air 2019 model 512/16 FYIM i hav only used 12 gb from it I power it off when i am done using it and also keep it charged properly but recently i hav seen whenever my laptop is below 50 percent and i bootup it logs in to user and suddenly screen turns black i press the power button and it shows low battery even theres still 50 percent power so whenever i plug yhe charger in it than shows the current battery and everything works normal no shuting down afterwards my mac used to work like charm and i charge it properly dk what has happened i have than the smc reset and beleive me after the reset when i logged in same thing happened again any solutions? Should i stop powering it off more often and leave it on sleep mode awaiting for u ppl to help thnxs

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 3:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 4:34 AM

Hi,

Try to check your MacBook Air with Apple Diagnostics if it reports battery related error.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Apple Diagnostics reference codes - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Suddenly black screen on boot up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.