You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS Monterey Cannot add photos to email or other apps

Hello, since downloading OS Monterey 12.0.1 to my early 2015 MacBook Pro it is not possible to access photo's to add to email etc.

When you click the paper clip to open Finder the photo icon is no longer there ? It was before Monterey but no longer there ! Its the same for my page on Facebook.

The only work around I have found is export the photo to downloads it can then be accessed and added but its a pain !

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

John

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 9:55 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Jan 18, 2022 3:18 AM in response to TonyCollinet

Hi Tony, sorry for the late reply -- been busy other things, this seems to work OK a bit more convoluted than the old system where the photo library icon was visible in finder thus one click and away you go ! One thing I find strange is in Pictures the Photo icon is visible but greyed out so inoperative ?

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to help me -- a bit of a Dinosaur on this tech I'm afraid, much safer with a bench a vice & files or machine tools etc !!

Kind regards

John

OS Monterey Cannot add photos to email or other apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.