You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numeric keypad section of PC keyboard not working properly on my mini mac

My NumLock status light does not turn on/off when I press my NumLock key on my PC keyboard - Attached by usb to my new mini Mac M1. I have the latest software update macOSMonterey 12.1 The number pad works as if the NumLock key is on- that is I can type numbers. In fact I can only type numbers. I cannot type the non- numeric functions on the numeric keypad portion of my keyboard- e.g. the delete function key below the period button, the ‘Home’ function below the ‘7’ key, etc. The numeric keypad works properly when attached to a pc, but not my mini Mac. I’d like to be able to toggle the NumLock key on and off. It seems to be permanently set to the on position- even though the Num Lock indicator status is off. I’ve looked thru preferences and can’t seem to find a setting to fix this.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 6:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 4:15 AM

PC keyboards do not have the same ANSI codes as a Mac keyboard, so, they do not work the same for all purposes.

1 reply

Numeric keypad section of PC keyboard not working properly on my mini mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.