You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving iPhone photos to iMac pictures folder

I have an archive folder on my iMac called 'photos' This is were I store all my original photos before they get imported into Lightroom.

I've been using my iPhone (now 13 pro) for several years to capture my less important but archivable pictures but I need to integrate these pictures into my workflow.

How can I (easily) move the photos from the iphone to the iMac 'pictures' folder where I can put them into an 'iPhone' sub folder then into sub folders based on the year or date range they were taken.

My big problem right now is in finding the best method (and hopefully the easiest) to move the individual files over to the iMac 'pictures' folder.

I see that iPhoto may be an option but can the pictures be easily moved out of iPhoto and into my archive folder?

Thanks for your help and advice

Andrew

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 11:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 11:45 AM

iPhoto has been “retired”. When you transfer photos from an iPhone to a Mac they end up in the Photos app on your Mac. There you can select and export them elsewhere. The Photos app stores photos in a single database; you can’t access individual photos from that database, but you can export them.

The easiest way to get the photos onto your Mac is to enable iCloud Photos on the phone and on the Mac. This gives you another option: You can log in to https://icloud.com/photos and export them from the Photos webpages to your Mac directly, skipping the Photos app “middleman”.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 9, 2022 11:45 AM in response to Hamptongar

iPhoto has been “retired”. When you transfer photos from an iPhone to a Mac they end up in the Photos app on your Mac. There you can select and export them elsewhere. The Photos app stores photos in a single database; you can’t access individual photos from that database, but you can export them.

The easiest way to get the photos onto your Mac is to enable iCloud Photos on the phone and on the Mac. This gives you another option: You can log in to https://icloud.com/photos and export them from the Photos webpages to your Mac directly, skipping the Photos app “middleman”.

Moving iPhone photos to iMac pictures folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.