You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i install apps on my family member's watch

how do i install apps on my family member's watch when the apps require iPhone.

The family member setup requires creating a new apple id for a child but then how can i install apps from my iPhone? The family member (child) doesn't have an iphone

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 5:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 6:36 AM

Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. When setting up a family member's watch you are prompted to create a new apple Id for him, so you end up with different apple id's on your iPhone and child's watch in my case,

The screen you shared is simply not available in my watch app on my iPhone for my son's watch, i can set some settings for that watch, like screentime, schooltime, etc, but can't seem to install any app that requires iPhone.

Feels like a bug to me

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 10, 2022 6:36 AM in response to TRISOTRIS

Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. When setting up a family member's watch you are prompted to create a new apple Id for him, so you end up with different apple id's on your iPhone and child's watch in my case,

The screen you shared is simply not available in my watch app on my iPhone for my son's watch, i can set some settings for that watch, like screentime, schooltime, etc, but can't seem to install any app that requires iPhone.

Feels like a bug to me

how do i install apps on my family member's watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.