You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App not deleting

I decided to try out a game I thought id enjoy, spoiler i didnt, so I deleted the game. All was fine until i woke up and the app has reinstalled itself to my phone, i keep deleting it but it still keeps coming back. Even if I delete it and then restart my phone its back. This has gone on for about a week now as well. I’ve tried deleting from my settings but it doesn’t show up, any help getting rid of it?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 12:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 1:12 AM

First disable the Screen Time Restrictions, if any.

Settings > Screen Time > Contenet And Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps > [Allow]

There are six possibilities

1. Delete an offloaded App
  2. Delete an App from the Home Screen
  3. Remove an App from the Home Screen - Will be placed in the App Library
  4. Delete an App from the App Library
  5. Delete an inbuilt App - Not feasible
  6. Delete an inbuilt App with one feature - You do not get any options either (e.g. Magnifier)

Watch the GIF

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 12, 2022 1:12 AM in response to GlamPawz

First disable the Screen Time Restrictions, if any.

Settings > Screen Time > Contenet And Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps > [Allow]

There are six possibilities

1. Delete an offloaded App
  2. Delete an App from the Home Screen
  3. Remove an App from the Home Screen - Will be placed in the App Library
  4. Delete an App from the App Library
  5. Delete an inbuilt App - Not feasible
  6. Delete an inbuilt App with one feature - You do not get any options either (e.g. Magnifier)

Watch the GIF

App not deleting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.