You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV App on Sony Bravia x89j (not working)

I just bought a Sony Bravia TV x89j and everything appears to working except Apple TV App. And iv been trying to google search fixes the last day or so, dozen fixes. Nothing seem to work.

App version is 5.1, Tv is latest firmware.

Tried:

Unplug TV, 60 seconds

Unplug Internet, tried wifi and ethernet (cable)

Resert Apple TV App (reinstall, clear cache etc)

Checked for updates, tv firmware is up to date, the app is up to date.

Tried the previous version of Atv and allowed me to the login process but said "verification failed".

Accepted Privacy settings on the Sony TV, seen it mention but changes nothing for the app.

Anyone got any ideas? Also made a topic at Sony forum. Just covering all bases!

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 12:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 1:56 PM

Hi again Cephsus,

Thanks for the follow-up info. We'd like to have you reset the Apple TV data. Go to Settings >Apps >Apple TV > Clear Data. Close the Apple TV app and reopen, and you should be prompted to sign in again with a verification code. After completing this process, let us know the outcome.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards!

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 16, 2022 1:56 PM in response to Cephsus

Hi again Cephsus,

Thanks for the follow-up info. We'd like to have you reset the Apple TV data. Go to Settings >Apps >Apple TV > Clear Data. Close the Apple TV app and reopen, and you should be prompted to sign in again with a verification code. After completing this process, let us know the outcome.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards!

Jan 17, 2022 11:59 AM in response to Cephsus

Well, i sorta fixed it by myself. And if anyone wanna try what i did, i did this. 

I installed the Apple TV 4.1 apk using a USB:

First you need to install File Commander app, search your TVs App store for this. Then just plug in the USB with apk, click the Apple TV apk and install it with File Commander. Voila.

So im guessing something in Apple TV app version 5.1 is bugging out on Sony TV, or vice versa. Either way this worked for me.

Please note, this is for Android OS tv

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Jan 16, 2022 12:29 PM in response to Cephsus

Hi there Cephsus,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We're happy to help with this trouble you're having with the Apple TV app. First, we'll need a little background info. What exactly are you experiencing when trying to use this app? Are you getting any error messages? If so, what are you seeing specifically? Get back to us with this info, and we can go from there.

Have a great day!

Jan 16, 2022 1:19 PM in response to ryane77

Yes and no. With the app updated it gives me a grey background with a loading circle after clicking login which just loops to no end and no error. Using the apps previous version it allow me to enter username and password but after clicking login gives error "verification failed".

Dont think its a verification problem on my end since im already subscribed to Apple Tv+.

Apple TV App on Sony Bravia x89j (not working)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.