You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Standard cmd key combinations stop working after upgrade to Monterey 12.1

I have a M1 Mac mini which I just upgraded to Monterey 12.1. It has a Logitech bluetooth ergonomic keyboard connected via standard bluetooth (rather than via a logi receiver). It's always worked flawlessly.

After upgrading, most of the standard key sequences have stopped working. For example, typing Cmd-C enters ç instead of copy. None of the standard combinations seem to work... e.g. Cmd-P, X, S enter odd characters instead of Paste, Cut, or Save respectively.

I even tried creating App shortcuts, but no help.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 1:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 6:29 AM

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Similar questions

6 replies

Jan 18, 2022 6:14 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Hi Tom, thanks for the suggestion. I checked as you suggested and all of the keys were set to act like themselves. For the heck of it, I did click on "restore defaults", but nothing changed.

Weirdly, last night, briefly, this all resolved itself. But when I booted up this morning it was back to the same behavior. Since I ALWAYS used the standard edit shortcuts, it's incrediblly disruptive to my work.

Jan 20, 2022 7:21 AM in response to mgincnj

Sorry, actually the problem is not resolved. The problem is related to Bluetooth and my Logi keyboard. I was using an old wired USB keyboard. I had plugged in the old keyboard to make sure I got into Safe Mode. When I use the Logi keyboard now I have a problem. If I type using the wired keyboard (both working simultaneously), the command keys work normally. Sigh.

Standard cmd key combinations stop working after upgrade to Monterey 12.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.