You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mirroring display from Macbook Pro to iMac

I'm trying to mirror the display of a Macbook Pro, 13-inch, early 2017 to an iMac, 24-inch, M1, 2021. What do I need to do this? I have a Thunderbolt 3 USB-C cable connect to both and the mirroring option is not appearing in the Display setting.

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 1:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 1:18 PM

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

Use AirPlay to connect to your Mac, and tell it to extend the display in system preferences if you want to use it as a second monitor.

You won’t be able to use Target Display Mode with any recent iMac.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2022 1:18 PM in response to macuser432

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

Use AirPlay to connect to your Mac, and tell it to extend the display in system preferences if you want to use it as a second monitor.

You won’t be able to use Target Display Mode with any recent iMac.

Mirroring display from Macbook Pro to iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.