You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MacBook Air,13", mid 2013 4GB,

I have a MacBook Air,13", mid 2013 4GB, and there are no updates available for my OS X Yosemite. If I installed more memory would I then be able to download and install the updated software. I am get an invalid certificate when attempting to load websites.

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 1:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 2:09 PM

Unfortunately, additional RAM will not help. Your hardware is too old and your browser is too old to be compatible with some websites. That will increase over time with obsolete hardware and softwarel.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 18, 2022 2:13 PM in response to babowa

Unfortunately, additional RAM will not help. Your hardware is too old and your browser is too old to be compatible with some websites. That will increase over time with obsolete hardware and software.

P.S. checking the specs just now shows that you should be able to update; however, you cannot add RAM which may be a sticking point: the newer OS versions require a faster processor and lots more RAM to function at their best.

And, for some of the newer OS versions, you need up to 45 GB of empty space for the download and install.

I have a MacBook Air,13", mid 2013 4GB,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.