You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 1018 mac mini (10.15.7) keeps hanging up wlhen I try to apply this update.

My 1018 mac mini (10.15.7) keeps hanging up wlhen I try to apply this update. the computer starts to shut down, then the progress bar gets about 1/10th of the way and then hangs. I am able to force shut dow and then start, but the apdate is still pending.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 9:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 1:19 PM

Would suggest doing a Time Machine Backup before anything else.

The, manually download the Security Update 2021-008 and stop there.

Restart the computer in Sae Mode - Shift key - immediately at restart and release once the Apple Logo is presented.

Then, launch the Security Update.

Safe mode will load slowly and is normal. It will also do a repair disk, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 21, 2022 1:19 PM in response to willym1

Would suggest doing a Time Machine Backup before anything else.

The, manually download the Security Update 2021-008 and stop there.

Restart the computer in Sae Mode - Shift key - immediately at restart and release once the Apple Logo is presented.

Then, launch the Security Update.

Safe mode will load slowly and is normal. It will also do a repair disk, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts.

My 1018 mac mini (10.15.7) keeps hanging up wlhen I try to apply this update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.