You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad app screens too large about 10% of the time.

Sometimes when I open an app the iPad screen somehow gets about 10% larger and there is no way to correct it without closing the screen and swiping the app off and restarting it. I have read all the comments about turing off the zoom button in the accessibility setting, but mine is not, nor has it ever been turned on. I can’t believe that no one else has this issue.

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 10:06 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 23, 2022 1:20 PM in response to iandwk

Hello there iandwk,

We understand apps aren't fitting the screen when you open them occasionally and appear too large on your iPad. We're glad you've joined us in Apple Support Communities, and we'd like to learn more to see how we can help.

To begin, you'll want to be sure your iPad is updated to iPadOS 15.2.1, and check to be sure all your apps are updated. You can check the current version installed by visiting Settings > General > About. If needed, learn how to update your iPad and your apps from the links below:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

How to manually update apps on your Apple device

Next, if you've ensured your iPad and all your apps are updated and the issue persists, let us know which specific apps you're seeing this behavior with. Also, try the steps in this support article:

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

Send over these details, and we'll take a closer look from there.

Cheers!

iPad app screens too large about 10% of the time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.