You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri respons

I set up my wife's new phone and Siri listens to me, not her. How do I change that?

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 5:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 5:36 PM

You can ask her to setup Siri for herself.

Go to Settings > Siri & Search > turn OFF Listen for "Hey Siri" then turn it back ON for her to setup with her voice.

Activate Siri with your voice

When you activate Siri with your voice, Siri responds out loud.

1. Say “Hey Siri,” then ask Siri a question or to do a task for you.
  2. For example, say something like “Hey Siri, what’s the weather for today?” or “Hey Siri, set an alarm for 8 a.m.”
  3. To ask Siri another question or to do another task, say “Hey Siri” again or tap .

Note: To prevent iPhone from responding to “Hey Siri,” place your iPhone face down, or go to Settings  > Siri & Search, then turn off Listen for “Hey Siri.”

You can also say “Hey Siri” to activate Siri while wearing supported AirPods. See Set up Siri in the AirPods User Guide.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 17, 2022 5:36 PM in response to Fishtank

You can ask her to setup Siri for herself.

Go to Settings > Siri & Search > turn OFF Listen for "Hey Siri" then turn it back ON for her to setup with her voice.

Activate Siri with your voice

When you activate Siri with your voice, Siri responds out loud.

1. Say “Hey Siri,” then ask Siri a question or to do a task for you.
  2. For example, say something like “Hey Siri, what’s the weather for today?” or “Hey Siri, set an alarm for 8 a.m.”
  3. To ask Siri another question or to do another task, say “Hey Siri” again or tap .

Note: To prevent iPhone from responding to “Hey Siri,” place your iPhone face down, or go to Settings  > Siri & Search, then turn off Listen for “Hey Siri.”

You can also say “Hey Siri” to activate Siri while wearing supported AirPods. See Set up Siri in the AirPods User Guide.

Siri respons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.