You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t get my Mac mini to open because my magic keyboard won’t connect. How can I get into my Mac mini if there is no USB port in the keyboard?

I have an older Magic Keyboard, and it doesn’t have any ports, just the turn on/off button. I can’t get into my Mac Mini because I can’t get the keyboard to connect. I have changed the batteries. Mouse is working, so it is definitely the keyboard. Is there anyway around this?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 9:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 12:07 PM

Dig out, borrow or purchase an inexpensive USB keyboard.

(most any generic or PC keyboard and mouse will work with your Mac Mini)

Personally I keep around and use a $15 Logitech MK 120 Combo for troubleshooting.

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/products/combos/mk120-usb-keyboard-mouse.920-002565.html

Similar questions

5 replies

I can’t get my Mac mini to open because my magic keyboard won’t connect. How can I get into my Mac mini if there is no USB port in the keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.