You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to create group contacts

Using my MacBook Air, I cannot get a contact to "stick" into a group. The contact will drag, but then it pops back. I have tried following the Apple tutorials without success. I can't figure out What am I doing wrong? I am soooo frustrated! It should be so simple. Please HELP!!

MacBook Pro 13″, 10.13

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 3:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 4:30 PM

Is this the apple link you used.Create and change groups in Contacts on Mac - Apple Support When you open Contacts you will see three columns. In the left column you click on the + to add a name and group. Add the name of the group Then in the middle column you drag and drop the names you want in for each group you create. Under view at the top you can delete the groups or names.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 21, 2022 4:30 PM in response to SJSJCMO

Is this the apple link you used.Create and change groups in Contacts on Mac - Apple Support When you open Contacts you will see three columns. In the left column you click on the + to add a name and group. Add the name of the group Then in the middle column you drag and drop the names you want in for each group you create. Under view at the top you can delete the groups or names.

Feb 23, 2022 9:39 AM in response to my ginger

First, Yes I did use the link you provided above. However, when I try to follow your steps, the descriptions you provide, do not match what I see in Contacts. I hate to say it, but the steps that I need to follow, need to be more precise. Sorry! I have tried multiple things and the result is the same --- still does not work!

How to create group contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.