You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV portability

Hi, I just upgraded to the Apple TV HD 32GB. It's fantastic compared to the 11 year old unit it replaced. I have a summer cottage with WiFi. If I bring it there, will it be plug and play after establishing the internet connection?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 8:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 8:17 AM

Sure, I do that all the time with my Apple TVs. I am leaving on vacation in a couple of days and will be taking mine with me. When you plug it in just update the network connection and you should be in business! Part of my travel kit includes:

• Apple TV power cable (I use the one from an old Apple TV 3)
  • HDMI cable (can be found for about $10-12 on Amazon.)

I carry both so I don't have to bother with unplugging the my primary ones . That way all I need to do is unplug, grab the remote and off I go.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 24, 2022 8:17 AM in response to SkanApple

Sure, I do that all the time with my Apple TVs. I am leaving on vacation in a couple of days and will be taking mine with me. When you plug it in just update the network connection and you should be in business! Part of my travel kit includes:

• Apple TV power cable (I use the one from an old Apple TV 3)
  • HDMI cable (can be found for about $10-12 on Amazon.)

I carry both so I don't have to bother with unplugging the my primary ones . That way all I need to do is unplug, grab the remote and off I go.

Apple TV portability

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.