You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Sharing

I lost the ability to share photos after updating to Catalina on my mac or Monterey on my macbook air. Apparently I have to do it differently through a subscription service w/ Icloud?

Our sharing has worked well for many years, but not since the update. Our old ipad with OS 9 will share with our daughter across country with no issues.

Do I need to revert back to the old OS. on the mac and mac-air.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 11:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 11:04 AM

See: How to share albums in Photos on your (iPhone, iPad, and) Mac - Apple Support

and Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

No need for that.

do it differently through a subscription service w/ iCloud

Your shared photos will need to be in iCloud Photos (or similar cloud service), but it is not dependent on a subscription service per se. You may want to consider getting an iCloud upgrade subscription if the free 5 GB iCloud on your Apple ID account (not just photos) isn’t enough.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 26, 2022 11:04 AM in response to jimandlaurie224

See: How to share albums in Photos on your (iPhone, iPad, and) Mac - Apple Support

and Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

No need for that.

do it differently through a subscription service w/ iCloud

Your shared photos will need to be in iCloud Photos (or similar cloud service), but it is not dependent on a subscription service per se. You may want to consider getting an iCloud upgrade subscription if the free 5 GB iCloud on your Apple ID account (not just photos) isn’t enough.

Photo Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.