You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook keybaord is not typing passwords, unable to enter

My MacBook Pro A1706 keyboard suddenly stopped typing.

I can see its keys are working, I was able to reset NVRM, I went to recovery, I tried to erase the disk, now to continue I have to put the password of WiFi, I cant type in the password.

I have tried by connecting external Magic Keyboard as well no luck with that, the keyboard is working as I can press enter and capslock on the password I just can not type any letter or number.

Now I am stuck with no OS on boot

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 11:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 6:37 AM

ammar8429 wrote:

I can see its keys are working, I was able to reset NVRM, I went to recovery, I tried to erase the disk, now to continue I have to put the password of WiFi, I cant type in the password.

I have tried by connecting external Magic Keyboard as well no luck with that, the keyboard is working as I can press enter and capslock on the password I just can not type any letter or number.

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"—

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

https://locate.apple.com/country

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

If

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 28, 2022 6:37 AM in response to ammar8429

ammar8429 wrote:

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"—

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

https://locate.apple.com/country

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

If

Macbook keybaord is not typing passwords, unable to enter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.