You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth pairing of ipad and mac

Late 2015 imac. 2nd generation ipad pro. Latest software installed on both. Cannot pair devices. I get message saying Pairing Unsuccessful, Imac not supported. Any ideas?

iMac 27″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 7:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 8:37 PM

Thanks but it is not an iphone issue. Late 2015 imac. 2nd generation ipad pro. Latest software installed on both. Cannot pair devices. I get message saying Pairing Unsuccessful, Imac not supported. Any ideas?

3 replies

Feb 28, 2022 8:35 PM in response to c2aggie

Hi C2,

This is via Community User, and credit to, Foxfifth:

An iPhone will not pair via Bluetooth to a computer (Mac or Windows) or an iPad except for personal hotspot and then only if your cellular plan supports it. See the following for more information: Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

To see the whole thread, here is the link. It provides some instances where bluetooth is used (but with specific operations). https://origin-discussions-us.apple.com/thread/253554849?page=2

bluetooth pairing of ipad and mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.