You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with a mouse

I have been using a  MacBook Air computer with Logitech Pebble M350 mouse. Everything was working very well for about 6 months.

Then there was an accident and computer have stopped working.

I have bought same new MacBookAir computer again. I have set up most of the things by now. Everything is OK. 

The thing that I couldn’t set up is the mouse. The old  Logitech Pebble M350 mouse that was working well with the old computer does not work any more. 

When I try to set up the mouse, the system goes and keeps searching and searching for a Bluetooth mouse to be discovered, but never finds a device.(See the attached screenshot Logitech Pebble M350 mouse not found)

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 1:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 6:56 AM

In that case try this: Hold an Option and a Shift key while clicking the Bluetooth icon in your Mac's menu bar. A previously unseen Debug menu will appear, with three submenus from which to choose. Try each one, in no particular order.

Similar questions

9 replies

Mar 6, 2022 11:00 PM in response to John Galt

Thanks a lot to everybody helping me to solve the problem with mouse:

The Debug have never popped up neither with "Hold an Option and a Shift key" .

As a matter of fact, I could not make use of Option key with other keys combination. That is a separate matter. Hopefully I will find the reason later , so that I can use the Option keyboard shortcuts

But while trying to fix a problem with a mouse, I have found an article on Internet:

Tips and tricks to fix Bluetooth connection issues on Mac  at https://9to5mac.com/2022/02/16/how-to-fix-mac-bluetooth-issues/

In the article there was an advice to  “Remove other devices like phones, cameras, power cables, etc. that might be on your desk or nearby”

So this Is what I did:

1. Have turned off my  router that was right under the table where my Mac computer is, so there would be no interference with high frequency devices.

2.  Have ran the command from terminal “sudo pkill bluetoothd”. This was the advice from the article for macOS Monterey.

3.  Have Started the Bluetooth application from System Preference menu and computer have found my mouse and paired it.

4.  Have turned on my router.

5.  Have rebooted  the computer. And reconnected with internet.

6. Now everything works. 

Thanks again for help. Appreciate it very much.

Best Regards.

Mar 6, 2022 6:21 AM in response to John Galt

Thanks a lot for the help.

I have tried to set up the BlueTooth in System Preferences.

But I see the same result. (See attached snapshot).

The system tries to locate the device (my mouse). It keeps scanning and scanning, but cannot find the mouse.

The menu does not have any extra controls besides quitting the setup, and searching for keywords on the System Preferences and Internet.

So, if you have any feedback, I would appreciate it very much.

Best Regards, Gregory. 

Mar 7, 2022 7:31 AM in response to John Galt

There is no Debug menu being incorporated in the BT menu of my new MacBook Air:

Here is the screenshot of BT menu:

Are you talking about the Debug menu on MacBook Air computer?

The one I am talking about is absolutely new one. I have bought it just 2-3 days right from the Apple store.

Here is the screenshot

Is there something in the setup that I have missed?

It really would be great to be able to use Debug.

And see in a granular format what what is going on when I am running some application?

Thanks a lot for help

Mar 7, 2022 10:04 AM in response to John Galt

Thank you, John, for the help. I appreciate it very much.

There is no Bluetooth icon anywhere. Here is the screenshot of my desktop.

if you call the dock on the bottom of the screen a "Mac's menu bar", you can see there is no Bluetooth icon.

The only place I find the Bluetooth icon is in System Preferences. I attach the screenshot of System Preferences below

I have tried to move or copy the Bluetooth icon from System Preferences to dock or to desktop. But I could not.

How can I "Hold an Option and a Shift key". while clicking the Bluetooth icon in System Preferences. But I could not get "Debug" to appear anywhere. I have tried to search for the "debug", or "DEBUG" or "Debug" word anywhere on my computer , but the search always was unsuccessful.

Is it possible that I should I have missed out something when setting up my computer?

Or install some software on the computer?

Also, it seems that holding Option Key in combination with other keys or letters on keyboard, does not produce any effect.

Maybe there is a way to enable Option key?

Thank you, John

Problem with a mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.