You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How To Connect HP LaserJet

How do I connect my HP LaserJet 200nw to my iMac over Wi-Fi? Both my printer and my iMac are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. When in the printers & scanners window, I click the plus sign and an Add Printer dialog opens. On the printer tab, no printer shows up. On the network tab, I enter the printers IP and click add, but and error states that it is unable to connect to the IP due to an error. Please advise.

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 1:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 6:49 AM

Thank you both for your assistance in this matter. Eero Support showed me that my iMac was connected to the Guest network, and therefore would not connect to the printer. Now that it is on the primary Netwerk, it shows up when adding a printer and prints without a problem.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 6, 2022 6:49 AM in response to VikingOSX

Thank you both for your assistance in this matter. Eero Support showed me that my iMac was connected to the Guest network, and therefore would not connect to the printer. Now that it is on the primary Netwerk, it shows up when adding a printer and prints without a problem.

Mar 5, 2022 5:43 PM in response to ctc123

Thank you for the information. According to the specifications (https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-laserjet-pro-200-color-printer-m251-series/5097632/model/5097639/document/c03315004), the HP LaserJet Pro 200 color Printer M251nw supports AirPrint (a model with the somewhat different name HP LaserJet Pro color M251nw is also listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support). An AirPrint-enabled printer can be used without having to install additional drivers, provided that the computer and the printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network (router).

If the printer is properly connected to the Wi-Fi network (Connect an AirPrint printer to a Wi-Fi network – Apple Support (UK)), but not recognised by the computer, you may want to try resetting the printing system and re-adding the printer as an AirPrint printer.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

If necessary, try the following procedure:

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the iMac, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iMac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

How To Connect HP LaserJet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.