You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some music won’t work for my alarms

i have selected downloaded music to play as my alarm sound but when the alarm goes off, it just plays the default noise. Most downloaded songs work for my alarm but some don’t and I can’t figure out why. It’s annoying because I really want to use specific music and some songs just won’t work! I think it might be something to do with how recently they’ve been downloaded or added to my library?it seems to be recently added as downloaded songs that won’t work. I’m not sure, please help!

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 3:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 7:41 PM

Does this happen for music that you bought from the iTunes Store? Or just music that you lease with an Apple Music subscription? Music that you obtain using an Apple Music subscription cannot be used for an alarm. See ALL the replies to:

iPhone 11 alarm not playing songs - Apple Community

2 replies

Some music won’t work for my alarms

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.