You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verifying Microsoft Apps going on and on and on....

Why is this happening? I am running a mac mini on monterey and this just keeps going on every time I try to open a Microsoft app. In addition to that, I get constant notifications to enter my password for Exchange accounts. Is this a plot by Microsoft to harass Mac users? It certainly seems like it. To date I have not seen a single working solution to this crap. MS and Apple - take the **** fight outside and give us some working solutions to this ******* ****.

Mac mini, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 1:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 3:22 AM

Unusual behavior. I suggest booting your Mac into Safe Boot mode, which will clear System caches, rebuild the application launch services database, the font database, and more. Do the Microsoft applications behave similarly as you have described in Safe Boot mode, or has the issue disappeared? Once you reboot normally, does the problem persist, or is it gone?

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 1, 2022 3:22 AM in response to nmb415

Unusual behavior. I suggest booting your Mac into Safe Boot mode, which will clear System caches, rebuild the application launch services database, the font database, and more. Do the Microsoft applications behave similarly as you have described in Safe Boot mode, or has the issue disappeared? Once you reboot normally, does the problem persist, or is it gone?

Mar 31, 2022 11:50 AM in response to muguy

I really appreciate you responding to my rant. But the two problems are really malignant. The verification occurs with every MS app when opened. Every time. And the verification "process" can last 5 minutes. For me, at least, it is a very big issue and a significant waste of time. The notification badge for entering my email account is equally maddening. It shoots up into the upper right corner and blocks search fields and my hard drive image. it appears impossible to get rid of. I have tried many solutions posted on this community board and am truly amazed at the absence of any working solution to these extreme annoyances. I have been able to fix many issues from the solutions provided here. These two Microsoft issues are increasingly appearing unfixable.

Mar 31, 2022 12:20 PM in response to nmb415

There is a one-time cure per application per update.

Right-click on each MS application and from the secondary menu, choose Open. You will see the XProtect verification panel for a moment, and then you will either see a dialog telling you the application is not from the Mac App Store, where you would click Open on that dialog — or the application would then launch. I do not have any verification dialogs with Office 2021 for Mac applications on macOS 12.3 after doing this. Any updates applied by Microsoft's AutoUpdate may require this remedy again for each application.

Apr 1, 2022 3:26 PM in response to VikingOSX

Viking OSX - you have definitely earned your Level 10 and beyond. I hope Apple pays you for your work. The Safe Boot was the ticket! Amazing! I suspect that I'll need to do that after every Microsoft update, but that's a small price to pay. The Apps did not verify in Safe Boot mode, and now in full boot, the verification windows are.....still absent. Thank you very much for your wisdom and this beyond helpful and time-saving advice. I am cautiously optimistic that this simple fix has now also eliminated the regular, intrusive Exchange notifications to enter my mail password.

Verifying Microsoft Apps going on and on and on....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.