You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get the Apple TV app transferred to my TV. Right now it’s just on my iPhone

How do I get the Apple TV plus app transferred from my phone to my TV

iPhone 5s, iOS 11

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 8:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply
5 replies

May 18, 2022 11:12 AM in response to Nonnalil07

Nonnalil07 wrote:

how do I get Apple tv on my Sony tv its on my I phone right now

You can…

• use an adapter and an HDMI cable and display the content directly from the iPhone,
  • display the content via an Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD box connected to the TV,
  • use AirPlay 2 where the TV supports that feature,
  • install the Apple TV app where the TV supports that.

The Apple TV+ subscription is tied to your Apple ID, and not to your device. All logins here must use the same Apple ID, or—if Family Sharing and content sharing is available and enabled—an Apple ID from the same family.

For viewing on your TV, the details and options here depend on the TV model. In general… If you are using a TV that offers the Apple TV app available from the TV vendor you can install and use that, or have a TV that offers AirPlay 2 support from the TV vendor, or you can use a Lightning-to-HDMI adapter and cable and an HDMI connection to the TV, or can acquire an Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD set-top box and connect that to the TV.

Apr 2, 2022 8:28 AM in response to Byer1945

The Apple TV+ subscription is tied to your Apple ID, and not to your device.

Various Apple TV+ plans can be shared with Family Sharing, as well.

For viewing on your TV, the details and options here depend on the TV model. In general… If you are using a TV that offers the Apple TV app available from the TV vendor you can install and use that, or have a TV that offers AirPlay 2 support from the TV vendor, or you can use a Lightning-to-HDMI adapter and cable and an HDMI connection to the TV, or can acquire an Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD set-top box and connect that to the TV.

How do I get the Apple TV app transferred to my TV. Right now it’s just on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.