You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New MBP, two external monitors. Extended displays. Some apps I can drag to another monitor, some I can't

With an extended screen (one big screen shared by all three monitors), I should be able to drag and move apps anywhere I want within the three screens. However, it doesn't happen. For example, I'm writing this in Chrome and it's on my first external monitor. I can drag it back and forth between the first screen (MBP) and this first external monitor. But it won't let me drag it to the second monitor (which has Outlook for Mac running full screen). If I move Outlook out of full screen, then I can drag things there. Is there a way to set it so I can drag apps onto a monitor with an app at full screen and it will drop it on top (automatically go out of full screen on the existing app) like I do in Windows? Or will I have to take the extra step of reducing/minimizing an app before I can drag anything else onto that monitor? I shouldn't have to do an additional step.

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 11:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 12:01 PM

you may be using, either deliberately or by accident, a mission control feature that lets you have multiple "spaces" which contain a set of Apps and windows. This is then generalized into "displays have separate spaces".

Similar questions

1 reply

New MBP, two external monitors. Extended displays. Some apps I can drag to another monitor, some I can't

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.