You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to stop receiving any messages in iMessage

I do not use an iPhone, and I never have. Recently I started receiving texts from some iPhone users on my Mac or iPad *only*. They come in to iMessage. I only use these devices very rarely, so I end up accidentally ghosting these people for days because I don't get the messages on my phone.

How can I permanently stop getting messages in iMessage on these two devices? I simply want to receive all text on my Android phone as I always have. I'm not sure how this started.

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 5:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 6:57 PM

Initially, I thought this fixed my problem, but it did not. The messages stopped coming in to iMessage, but they never started getting sent to my Android phone as regular texts again. I ended up having to temporarily turn imessage back on to get the missing texts.

2 replies

I want to stop receiving any messages in iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.