You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive link not working in Finder sidebar within apps

Dear community friends!

Since I’ve upgraded my MacBook to Monterey (3 months ago), when clicking the iCloud Drive in the sidebar, the link is selected (goes grey) but the Finder window doesn't change to the new location. This happens only when using the finder inside an app (for saving or opening files), on any app.

When using finder directly (not through an app), the iCloud drive link works perfectly.

Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Thanks!

MacBook, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 5:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 8:12 AM

Try restarting in Safe Mode and testing. Does the same problem happen in Safe Mode? If not, then something that loads when you boot normally is causing this.

Please run Etrecheck and post its full report here.

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 11, 2022 9:07 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hi!

I tested in Safe Mode and the problem persists.

I realize the problem only happens when you click the iCloud Drive link in the sidebar, not the link to the app folder inside iCloud. See the image attached for clarification (and just to remember, this only happens when using the finder inside an app for saving or opening files, on any app).

My Etrecheck report is below.

Thanks for the help!

Apr 11, 2022 9:31 AM in response to AnimusArtificia

These are bad:

Major Issues:

Anything that appears on this list needs immediate attention.

Battery failure - Your battery is reporting that it needs to be serviced.

Automatic updates disabled - Automatic updates are disabled. This computer is at risk of malware infection.

Security updates disabled - Security updates are disabled. This computer is at risk of malware infection.

Apple security disabled - Apple security software is disabled. This computer is at risk of malware infection.

Security:

Gatekeeper: App Store and identified developers

System Integrity Protection: Enabled

Automatic Updates: Disabled

Security Updates: Disabled

Antivirus software: None!

Security updates are separate from the general OS updates. While I don't want the system to update behind my back, the security updates are another matter.

I suggest you keep those on: System Preferences->Software Update->Advanced...

This may not be directly related to the problem in this thread, but still it is important.

Also, the battery appears to not be ih good condition. This, besides not having a long battery life, can in time cause other issues, so if you plan on keeping this mac for a few years still, it may be worth considering a new battery.

Here is something that you can try - it may not help (probably), but it can't hurt. In Finder->Preferences->Sidebar, UNcheck the box for iCloud Drive; try to save something - you won't see iCloud Drive, naturally. Check that box again, and try. Any changes?

iCloud Drive link not working in Finder sidebar within apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.