You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing for family of 7

Hi. Does anyone know a way to work around the 6 person limit for the family sharing with apple? I was trying to create an apple id and add my youngest child to our family sharing plan so I could use the screen time function to limit activity and to share media purchases between all of our kids. Apparently, Apple doesnt like families with more than 4 children. Having two children sharing an apple id is a pain when trying to message one another and to track device usage. I would have to create a separate adult apple id just to add my youngest as another child account. That would mean I need 9 apple ids for 7 of us in the family. I spent thousands of dollars on media through apple over the past couple years. I would need to rebuy everything i've already bought in order for the child not allowed in my family sharing plan to be able to access them as well.

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 12:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 10:48 AM

Hi goingape,

At this time, there isn't a way to add additional family members to the Family Sharing group for more than 6. If you'd like to see this change in the future, we encourage you to submit Product Feedback.

All the best.

Similar questions

2 replies

Family Sharing for family of 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.