You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Error: "you can't sign in at this time", after years using it with no issues. Apple says it's because my device is old...

Hi, I bought a brand new MacBook Pro at a computer store, 11 eleven years. The model is a Late-2011, running Mac Os High Sierra (10.13.6), and I've been using iCloud this whole time with no problem. Last week my MacBook stopped syncing through iCloud (my iPhone and iPad continue syncing fine...) and I signed out to see if the issue would be solved. But it didn't work and, since then can't sign in back to iCloud; keeps getting the following error:

I called Apple support several times, followed their suggestions and nothing worked. The last attempt suggested was to reinstall Mac Os High Sierra, first from recovery mode, and later erasing/formatting the hard drive and doing a clean install. While trying to sign in to iCloud after a clean install, I received the error message below:

Last call to support, they told me they had run out of attempts to solve the issue, because my machine is too old. Any ssugestions will be much appreciated. Thanks from Brazil

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 8:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 7:32 PM

Download the Apple Intermediate Certificates

• Double click the downloaded certificate to install it in Keychain Access.

Try to log in to iCloud after that, should work.

I Found this solution here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253811711

3 replies

iCloud Error: "you can't sign in at this time", after years using it with no issues. Apple says it's because my device is old...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.