You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trade in - Brightstar keeps sending me the wrong Trade-in box

Hi community

I have ordered a new Mac studio and use trade-in to return my Mac Pro 2019. The Mac Pro 2019 have an excellent return value.

However, I have a huge frustration. I'm not able to return my Mac Pro 2019 to Apple/Brightstar. They keep sending me the wrong Trade-in kit for returning the Mac Pro 2019.

The first time Brightstar send me a trade-in kit for a Mac Pro 2013. YES a Mac Pro 2013.

In the trade-in kit the was a paper (support.apple.com/HT211152): "how to prepare the old Mac Pro 2013 (???) for returning".

Obviously a Mac Pro 2019 is much larger and heavier than a Mac Pro 2013.

I called Apple Help and the ordered a new trade-in kit for me. A trade-in kit for a Mac Pro 2019.

The second time Brightstar send me a ...... trade-in kit for a Mac Pro 2013 AGAIN. Wrong trade-in kit

I called Apple Help - and they contacted the senior department. Now I hoped Brigthstar understood that I wanted to return a Mac Pro 2019.

The third time Brightstar send med a new trade-in kit for a .... Mac Pro 2013 again again.

I called Apple Help again again and they would again contact the senior department.

The fourth time Brigthstar have learned the lesson, I thought.

They send me an empty box for returning an ..... iMac (support.apple.com/HT212301)

However, the trade-in box can contain the Mac Pro 2019, but there was notning to wrap around and protect the Mac Pro 2019.

Again I called Apple Help.

Nice lady - she understood my problem and called the senior department again again again to make them send a trade-in kit with protection for a Mac Pro 2019.

Today I got the fifth trade-in kit from Brightstar and again it is a trade-in kit for a ..... Mac Pro 2013.

And today Apple Help is closed due to Easter.

What is happening in the kingdom of Apple. Something is failing huge.

Any suggestions whom I can contact besides Apple Support. A trade-in/sales manager in Europe?

Kind regards

Ulf

Mac Pro

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 4:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 5:58 AM

Consider trading it in at a local Apple retail store for instant credit on an Apple gift card. 

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 15, 2022 2:03 PM in response to ulfi

Interesting. I had the exact same experience. I was sent, count them, three 2013 Mac Pro boxes. I finally got Apple Senior Customer Service involved who eventually sourced the correct 2019 Mac Pro shipping box. You might want to try escalating your call up to them. Watch out for doing the trade-in at a local Apple Store though since they can only give you Apple Gift cards equal to the value of the trade. If like me, you were given instant credit that's not going to work. You will need to get the Senior Customer Service team involve to apply the Gift Cards to your web order against the trade-in value. Otherwise you will be charged the value of the trade-in plus applicable tax on the credit card used for the purchase.

trade in - Brightstar keeps sending me the wrong Trade-in box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.