You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’ve found an iPad.

I’ve found an iPad is there a way for owner to be contacted so they can have it back?

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 1:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 2:49 AM

Whilst your desire to return the iPad to its owner is commendable, Apple will not assist with locating, or reuniting a lost/found/stolen device. Using any information to which Apple may have access would likely violate privacy laws/legislation that apply in many countries.

If you can turn-on the iPad, if registered as “lost” by the owner, the iPad might display a message or owner contact information. If so, you may be able to independently make contact - otherwise, you’ll not have any means by which to contact the owner.

As such you would be best advised to simply hand-over the iPad to your local authorities - as they are best placed to reunite the device with its owner if a loss report has been made.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 19, 2022 2:49 AM in response to Foundanipad

Whilst your desire to return the iPad to its owner is commendable, Apple will not assist with locating, or reuniting a lost/found/stolen device. Using any information to which Apple may have access would likely violate privacy laws/legislation that apply in many countries.

If you can turn-on the iPad, if registered as “lost” by the owner, the iPad might display a message or owner contact information. If so, you may be able to independently make contact - otherwise, you’ll not have any means by which to contact the owner.

As such you would be best advised to simply hand-over the iPad to your local authorities - as they are best placed to reunite the device with its owner if a loss report has been made.

I’ve found an iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.