You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trade in

I bough an iPhone online and a did the trade in in an Apple Store, I haven’t received in my account the reimbursement to my account,

does anyone know what should I do or how much time does it take for them to reimburse the amount of the trade in

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 6:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 6:21 PM

Hello,

I haven't used the Apple Trade-In service yet but found this info its information page.

Apple Trade In - Apple

• "How long does the online trade-in process take?
    • Generally it takes 2–3 weeks. But the sooner we receive your device, the sooner we can verify its condition and process your credit or gift card.
    • Recycling a device is much faster. As soon as we email you a prepaid shipping label, just send your device to our recycling partner."

• "Is there a way to track my trade-in status?
    • If your trade-in will be applied as a credit toward an online purchase, you can track it from your Apple Store account.
    • If you’re trading in for an Apple Gift Card, you can track it here (Opens in a new window).

• "If I buy a new device online with a trade-in, what kind of credit will I get?
    • It depends on what you buy and how you pay for it.
    • If you buy an iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple Watch and pay in full, we’ll apply a credit to your original payment method up to the total purchase price. For any remaining amount, you’ll receive an Apple Gift Card via email.
    • If you buy an iPhone using Apple Card Monthly Installments, Apple iPhone Payments, or the Verizon Device Payment Program and include a trade-in, your estimated trade-in credit will be applied directly to the purchase price of your new iPhone. Once we receive your trade-in device and confirm that the condition matches what you described, there’s nothing more you need to do. If it doesn’t match, your original payment method will be charged the difference in value. In that case, we’ll work with you to confirm that you still want to move forward with the trade-in."

I hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 21, 2022 6:21 PM in response to Pedrojosef

Hello,

I haven't used the Apple Trade-In service yet but found this info its information page.

Apple Trade In - Apple

• "How long does the online trade-in process take?
    • Generally it takes 2–3 weeks. But the sooner we receive your device, the sooner we can verify its condition and process your credit or gift card.
    • Recycling a device is much faster. As soon as we email you a prepaid shipping label, just send your device to our recycling partner."

• "Is there a way to track my trade-in status?
    • If your trade-in will be applied as a credit toward an online purchase, you can track it from your Apple Store account.
    • If you’re trading in for an Apple Gift Card, you can track it here (Opens in a new window).

• "If I buy a new device online with a trade-in, what kind of credit will I get?
    • It depends on what you buy and how you pay for it.
    • If you buy an iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple Watch and pay in full, we’ll apply a credit to your original payment method up to the total purchase price. For any remaining amount, you’ll receive an Apple Gift Card via email.
    • If you buy an iPhone using Apple Card Monthly Installments, Apple iPhone Payments, or the Verizon Device Payment Program and include a trade-in, your estimated trade-in credit will be applied directly to the purchase price of your new iPhone. Once we receive your trade-in device and confirm that the condition matches what you described, there’s nothing more you need to do. If it doesn’t match, your original payment method will be charged the difference in value. In that case, we’ll work with you to confirm that you still want to move forward with the trade-in."

I hope this helps.

Trade in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.