You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I put a screen protector to my new MacBook Pro M1 2022 13 inch? Just purchased two days ago.

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 10:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 7:28 AM

Gourab210 wrote:

I would not.

Using a camera cover, palm rest, or keyboard cover on a Mac ...

3 replies

Apr 23, 2022 11:22 AM in response to Gourab210

All the reasons for applying a screen protector do not apply to a MacBook Pro.

• MacBook Pro does not have a touchscreen. There is no need to protect it from rough touches, because you do not need to touch the screen at all.

• The other reason users put protectors on iPhones is to protect against dropping the screen on a rock and scratching it. The MacBook Pro does not open far enough to drop its screen on a rock.

Since the screen coating could be damaged by applying a screen protector, and Apple warns you NOT to use one, there is no justification for using screen protector.

Can I put a screen protector to my new MacBook Pro M1 2022 13 inch? Just purchased two days ago.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.