You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OM-1 raw file transfer issue

I am not able to transfer raw files from my OM-1 to Photos. While there is no problem with JPEG images, Photos crashes with raw files, giving the message that the OS does not support raw files. I have had no

trouble transferring raw files from my OMD-1 Mark II camera. Where do I start with this problem?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 1:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 2:47 PM

Hi

I'm guessing that the OM1 files are not yet supported by MacOS. Before you ask, no one here will be able to tell you when, or even if apple will support that camera.

Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and macOS Monterey - Apple Support

Your best workaround in the interim is to convert to DNG format (also raw) using the free adobe DNG converter. Photos should import those.

Alternatively you'll have to use JPG format until your camera is supported.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 25, 2022 2:47 PM in response to troutbum726

Hi

I'm guessing that the OM1 files are not yet supported by MacOS. Before you ask, no one here will be able to tell you when, or even if apple will support that camera.

Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and macOS Monterey - Apple Support

Your best workaround in the interim is to convert to DNG format (also raw) using the free adobe DNG converter. Photos should import those.

Alternatively you'll have to use JPG format until your camera is supported.

OM-1 raw file transfer issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.