You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Books App orientation issue

I have 2 IPads, Air and 6th Gen, and it happens in BOTH Ipads.

I am reading a Zane Grey book(EPUB). If the reading orientation is portrate, the full chapter is displayed, but if I turn the orientation to landscape, some of the chapters lose up to a third of the chapter.

Typically I read in bed after my wife is asleep, so I read in landscape, and I didn't notice that before this weekend. If the issue was at the end of a paragraph, or a sentence that had a peroid, I might not have noticed. There were another 6-8 pages that weren't displayed in Chapter 6. There were 10 missing paragraphs at the end of Chapter 7, 4 pages missing at the end of Chapter 8, and 9 pages missing at the end of Chapter 9.

It was just an unpunctuated word, in the middle of a thought, that made me notice. It doesn't happen in EPub Reader app.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 2:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 6:09 PM

The book is a Guttenberg, in public domain.

The error was in chapter 7, line 243 <p></p> on a blank line. My Calibre book editor did not correct this line, nor report that this was an error. I found 7 other such errors.

Go ahead and close this issue.

Thanks for the help.

5 replies

Apr 28, 2022 3:28 PM in response to OldYamaha

If this is happening with all books in the Books app, close the app and do a force restart. If it is just this book see if a new download helps.

Close an app on your iPad – Apple Support (AU)

Force restart iPad – Apple Support (AU)

You could also delete the Books app and download a fresh copy.

If nothing fixes it send feedback to Apple: Product Feedback - Apple

Apr 29, 2022 6:12 AM in response to OldYamaha

OldYamaha wrote:

The book is a Guttenberg, in public domain.

The error was in chapter 7, line 243 <p></p> on a blank line. My Calibre book editor did not correct this line, nor report that this was an error. I found 7 other such errors.

Go ahead and close this issue.

Glad you figured it out!

This is a user-to-user forum. The Hosts will lock a thread after it has been inactive for, if I recall correctly, thirty days.

Books App orientation issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.