You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini monitor

I am considering buying a Mac mini. What should I look for in buying a monitor,and has anyone got any recommendations.I don’t want to have to pay more than £400.00 sterling

Posted on May 1, 2022 10:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 1, 2022 10:56 AM

Most any HDMI, USB-C or DisplayPort equipment Display will work fine with an M1 Mac Mini.

see "Video Support" at > Mac mini - Technical Specifications - Apple

and > Connect a display to Mac mini - Apple Support

The HDMI to HDMI connection is good for displays up to 4K.

USB-C and DisplayPort connections are best for High Resolution and Wide Screen displays.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 1, 2022 10:56 AM in response to TenpinBozz

Most any HDMI, USB-C or DisplayPort equipment Display will work fine with an M1 Mac Mini.

see "Video Support" at > Mac mini - Technical Specifications - Apple

and > Connect a display to Mac mini - Apple Support

The HDMI to HDMI connection is good for displays up to 4K.

USB-C and DisplayPort connections are best for High Resolution and Wide Screen displays.

May 15, 2022 12:54 PM in response to den.thed

Hi, den.thed.

I also have this question, too. My MacBook Pro 2014 battery is dying (2nd time for swollen battery). Can't afford to get a high-end Mac. I'm thinking of the Mac Mini 16GB/512GB since I use the Adobe Suite (NO video editing). I'm concerned about compatibility with my LG UltraWide Monitor. It's about 5 or 6 years old. Do you think there will be distortion or that the Mini won't recognize then size and format?

The Specs:

34UM65-P 34" Widescreen LED Backlit UltraWide IPS Monitor. The enhanced aspect ratio is accompanied by an ultra

high definition screen resolution of 2560 x 1080.

Apple's info for Mini Displays:

• Simultaneously supports up to two displays:
  • One display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz connected via Thunderbolt and one display with up to 4K resolution at 60Hz connected via HDMI

The only other option I may have is to get the 13.3 MacBook Pro, but am unsure if that will be more comaptible and if I'll need to get additional adaptors/hub. I do have a 7 outlet USB hub now.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Mac mini monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.