You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad keeps slightly zooming in apps and cuts of the content along the sides of the screen

My iPads (both Pro and Basic) randomly keep zooming in various apps, and that cuts off the content along the sides of the screen. I do not have any Accessibility features activated. I have tried double tapping with three fingers but that does not get rid of the problem. The fact that it happens across different models of the iPad suggests it has something to do with the iPadOS rather than the specific device. This significantly diminishes the user experience of the iPad and I would appreciate effective advice on how to fix it. Thanks.

Posted on May 2, 2022 5:04 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 3, 2022 6:55 AM in response to Victor_Land

Hi Victor_Land,

If you'd like both of your iPads to display without zooming in, these steps might help.

You mentioned that you checked Accessibility features, that's a great step to take. You also mentioned that this happens in "various apps;" can you list some? Also, let us know if this issue happening in an app like Settings, or Notes.

Additionally, zoom can be activated by a double-tap or pinch as well as Accessibility features. Check out the details from Zoom in on the iPad screen below.

In many apps, you can zoom in or out on specific items. For example, you can double-tap or pinch to look closer in Photos or expand webpage columns in Safari. You can also use the Zoom feature to magnify the screen no matter what you’re doing

If you aren't double-tapping or pinching and the issue remains, let the community know if you have any external devices connected to either of your iPads. We'll want to understand any variables that could be affecting your devices.

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

iPad keeps slightly zooming in apps and cuts of the content along the sides of the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.