You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot lock "log in" or "local" in keychain on 2015 MacBook Pro running Monterey

Whenever I try to lock either "log in" or "local" in my keychain it's all greyed out? I'm assuming that having my lock open leaves me vulnerable to attacks right?

How do I fix this issue?

Thanks in advance everyone.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 3, 2022 11:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 4, 2022 7:40 AM

Edmonton999 wrote:

Whenever I try to lock either "log in" or "local" in my keychain it's all greyed out? I'm assuming that having my lock open leaves me vulnerable to attacks right?

How do I fix this issue?

No.

You need to keep the log-in keychain unlocked in Keychain Access.app— otherwise you are pestered all day long w/ your admin psswd...to manually use psswds. at ever turn.

This is how it is designed to work. This is not a security breach.

Keychain Access User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 4, 2022 7:40 AM in response to Edmonton999

Edmonton999 wrote:

How do I fix this issue?

No.

You need to keep the log-in keychain unlocked in Keychain Access.app— otherwise you are pestered all day long w/ your admin psswd...to manually use psswds. at ever turn.

This is how it is designed to work. This is not a security breach.

Keychain Access User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Cannot lock "log in" or "local" in keychain on 2015 MacBook Pro running Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.