You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have several e-mail accounts for different businesses. When I am in one of my e-mail accounts and I send an e-mail under that account, the system shows a different e-mail account as the sender. Why can't we have a PREFERENCE to default to the "current" e-mail account as the sender?

MacBook

Posted on May 12, 2022 11:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 12, 2022 11:41 AM

Maybe this will help:

Choose a default email address to send mail from on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Or, in the New Message compose window, below To, Cc, Subject is the From line where you

can select a different server from which to send the mail.

4 replies

May 16, 2022 1:58 PM in response to tbirdvet

So there is no way to set up a preference for the FROM e-mail box to mirror the mailbox you're accessing when you compose an e-mail? I send e-mails when I'm in e-mail Account A and the system automatically defaults to a different account. When the recipient REPLIES., their e-mail comes to the wrong e-mail account. I have to remember to adjust. Not easy to do at my age (Haha)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.