You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When will Apache open office be compatible with monterey?

Open Office is compatible with the new M1, it appears to be APPLE who is blocking it by giving me the message "APPLE cannot verify this developer, do you wish to move to bin" as the only option, and when you look for Apache in the app store, it only gives you MICROSOFT;

Has Apple caved in cohort with Microsoft to block linux and independent software?

It sure feels like it.

I have been happily using OpenOffice on my Intel iMac for over a decade,

and now with the M1, Apple has axed that relationship.

Is this the case Apple?

iMac 24″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 13, 2022 12:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 1:01 AM

WHen you get the window that say trash or cancel, open System Preferences>Security & Privacy>General and then click Cancel. Go to System Preferences>Security & Privacy>General and there a button that says Open Anyway

12 replies

May 13, 2022 2:46 AM in response to gil2020

If the user wonders over to this page from Apache Open Office - one will see the System Requirements for their software.

The are light years between OS X Tiger 10.4 Released April 29, 2005 and Monterey macOS 12 Released October 25, 2021

Yes, says and Higher but IMHO opinion, this is the Developer hedging their bets it may or may not work in newer versions of macOS

Mac OS X

• Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or higher
  • Intel Processor
  • 512 Mbytes RAM
  • 400 Mbytes available disk space
  • 1024 x 768 or higher resolution with 16.7 Million colours

EDITED

May 13, 2022 1:26 AM in response to lllaass

Bless and thank you, I have succeeded to get it open.

Now the issue is when i attempt to open my ads documents from the iMac, OpenOffice on M1 does not recognise its own files and asks for filter options; when I select the OpenOffice spreadsheet, it cannot recognise it and says 'this is not a Win file" and cannot open.......

what is going on? why does open office on the M1 not recognise easily what works seamlessly on the Intel 21"

May 13, 2022 9:20 AM in response to lllaass

And that "not responding" is with v7.3.3? The Studio Max may have a special build of Monterey that the LibreOffice team has not caught up to, and this may be resolved by their recompiling against 12.4 and a LO version update.

I have no issues here with LibreOffice v7.3.3 on either an M1 mini, MBP M1 Pro, or iMac Core I7 — all running macOS 12.3.1. I always disable JavaScript in the LO Preferences too.

May 13, 2022 9:54 AM in response to VikingOSX

I am on the stable 7.2.7. I previously tried 7.3.3 with same result. I had Javascript on and now just turned it off.

VikingOSX wrote:

And that "not responding" is with v7.3.3? The Studio Max may have a special build of Monterey that the LibreOffice team has not caught up to, and this may be resolved by their recompiling against 12.4 and a LO version update.

I have no issues here with LibreOffice v7.3.3 on either an M1 mini, MBP M1 Pro, or iMac Core I7 — all running macOS 12.3.1. I always disable JavaScript in the LO Preferences too.

When will Apache open office be compatible with monterey?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.