You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring my old iCloud

I had lost my phone back in late January and I had gotten a new phone but wanted to use to my old iCloud from my previous phone and I don’t have no access of getting it back. Is there a possibility you can help me get it back?

Posted on May 17, 2022 11:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 11:28 PM

If the account was set up with 2FA and they only remember the Apple ID and password is forgotten recover the account see the article How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support 

If the account was set up with secondary authentication , and have forgotten all account credentials like three answers for security questions , date of birth , rescue mail address and its password and the Apple ID is not signed in the device contact apple support with credit card details in case added Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

The Apple ID say example1@icloud.com exists on server and you know the password and its account credentials , however that is signed in the device iPhone .

If you don't remember the trusted number and yet it is verified in the account , visit your cellular service centre with personal identification proofs , the number can be obtained from them .

If the account is set with two factor authentication from iPhone .

Issue a sim on behalf of the same number and insert the sim Set up cellular service on iPhone - Apple Support

In a new iPhone that is purchased Turn on and set up iPhone - Apple Support

The Apple ID and password is active so is the 2FA active on the iCloud server , once a new trusted number is added the code will start appearing on the new trusted number , and the person can access the account .

See the article Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Then access the account and remove an old inactive verified number from the account .

Go to your Apple ID account page and enter your Apple ID and password.

In the Security section, click Edit.

Click Add a Trusted Phone Number. 

To add a number, enter the phone number and verify it with a text. 

To remove a number, click cross sign next to the phone number you want to remove. 

Note : you don't need account recovery from the server as Apple ID and password are known to you How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If the account was set up with secondary authentication in which three answers for respective questions , rescue mail address and its password , date of birth is added , simply sign in with account credentials on new iPhone Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Note : the methods will be applicable in a scenario for what account ( 2FA or secondary authentication ) and which account credentials do you have in records .

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 17, 2022 11:28 PM in response to aja182

If the account was set up with 2FA and they only remember the Apple ID and password is forgotten recover the account see the article How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support 

If the account was set up with secondary authentication , and have forgotten all account credentials like three answers for security questions , date of birth , rescue mail address and its password and the Apple ID is not signed in the device contact apple support with credit card details in case added Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

The Apple ID say example1@icloud.com exists on server and you know the password and its account credentials , however that is signed in the device iPhone .

If you don't remember the trusted number and yet it is verified in the account , visit your cellular service centre with personal identification proofs , the number can be obtained from them .

If the account is set with two factor authentication from iPhone .

Issue a sim on behalf of the same number and insert the sim Set up cellular service on iPhone - Apple Support

In a new iPhone that is purchased Turn on and set up iPhone - Apple Support

The Apple ID and password is active so is the 2FA active on the iCloud server , once a new trusted number is added the code will start appearing on the new trusted number , and the person can access the account .

See the article Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Then access the account and remove an old inactive verified number from the account .

Go to your Apple ID account page and enter your Apple ID and password.

In the Security section, click Edit.

Click Add a Trusted Phone Number. 

To add a number, enter the phone number and verify it with a text. 

To remove a number, click cross sign next to the phone number you want to remove. 

Note : you don't need account recovery from the server as Apple ID and password are known to you How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If the account was set up with secondary authentication in which three answers for respective questions , rescue mail address and its password , date of birth is added , simply sign in with account credentials on new iPhone Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Note : the methods will be applicable in a scenario for what account ( 2FA or secondary authentication ) and which account credentials do you have in records .

May 17, 2022 11:33 PM in response to aja182

Should you have backed up your iPhone to a computer, then it

could be possible to restore another iPhone from the backup.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=

how+to+restore+iCloud+backup+to+new+iPhone&ia=web

Some ideas to check and see which of these may work.

Several probably won't, due to complexity and change.

Several seem promising; I guess that depends on what

you're expecting and whether or not, it could carry over.

Some items may sync between devices; if available.

Sorry to have little to go on!

Restoring my old iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.