You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

open keychain transferred from old imac

Bought a new iMac. Information from old one (2009) transferred by apple using migration. How do I get my saved passwords back?

Posted on May 20, 2022 6:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 20, 2022 7:21 AM

If you selected all the options when using Migration Assistant including migrating your settings from your old computer then the passwords should have come across. Also, you were not very specific about how you used Migration Assistant so we are left guessing. My recommendation is that you may want to contact AppleCare so someone can assist 1:1 on the phone. In the USA, the phone number is 800-275-2273, outside the USA please click the following link to find the number for your area, AppleCare Contact Info

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 20, 2022 7:21 AM in response to tonyltea

If you selected all the options when using Migration Assistant including migrating your settings from your old computer then the passwords should have come across. Also, you were not very specific about how you used Migration Assistant so we are left guessing. My recommendation is that you may want to contact AppleCare so someone can assist 1:1 on the phone. In the USA, the phone number is 800-275-2273, outside the USA please click the following link to find the number for your area, AppleCare Contact Info

open keychain transferred from old imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.