You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to reset iPad

We are trying to reset an iPad used by a former employee but we are unable to sign out of the person's Apple ID account. Each time we try, we are prompted for the person's Apple ID password to turn off Find my iPad. Tried Reset > All Settings under General but that didn't wipe out the person's Apple ID info.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on May 24, 2022 2:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 7:49 AM

If the device is in Apple Business/School Manager, you can simply call AppleCare, explain the situation, and they will look up the device to confirm it is indeed in ABM/ASM and then assist from there.

If the device is not in ABM/ASM, but you have the original purchase receipt, you can go to the Apple Store and they can help you. You may be able to get help over the phone, but I've never tried that method.

If the device is not in ABM/ASM, and you don't have the original purchase receipt, you will need the employee to either release the device from their iCloud Find My, come in and enter the password and disable for you, or give you the password. If the employee is unable or unwilling to assist, you have a brick.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 25, 2022 7:49 AM in response to Arsenal-4Ever

If the device is in Apple Business/School Manager, you can simply call AppleCare, explain the situation, and they will look up the device to confirm it is indeed in ABM/ASM and then assist from there.

If the device is not in ABM/ASM, but you have the original purchase receipt, you can go to the Apple Store and they can help you. You may be able to get help over the phone, but I've never tried that method.

If the device is not in ABM/ASM, and you don't have the original purchase receipt, you will need the employee to either release the device from their iCloud Find My, come in and enter the password and disable for you, or give you the password. If the employee is unable or unwilling to assist, you have a brick.

May 24, 2022 2:46 PM in response to Arsenal-4Ever

Arsenal-4Ever wrote:

We are trying to reset an iPad used by a former employee but we are unable to sign out of the person's Apple ID account. Each time we try, we are prompted for the person's Apple ID password to turn off Find my iPad. Tried Reset > All Settings under General but that didn't wipe out the person's Apple ID info.

You will need to former employees information. Or if you have the purchase receipt take it to Apple and see what they can do.

Next thing that should be done is set up a policy that any employee(s) who is no longer with the company needs to sign out of any company devices prior to leaving.

Trying to reset iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.