You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i found an ipad but it is locked to owner, how do log into my apple id onthis ipad?

How do I log into my apple id on an iPad that is locked to the owner?

For more context:

At my job we have a lost and found, after a certain amount of time, with no one retrieving their items, it is up for grabs. This iPad was in the lost-in-found for a while because no one knew how to open it with its passcode. I brought it home and put it into recovery mode. When I tried to log into my apple id it said it was locked to the owner. How do I bypass this?

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 10:47 AM

3 replies

Jul 12, 2022 11:19 AM in response to christon258

You obviously cannot bypass it. Activation lock would be pointless if it could be bypassed. Activation lock is intended to make the device un-usable to anlyone but the owner until or unless that owner chooses to release it for use by someone else.

Apple will not do anything to help in such a case as Activation Lock is entirely under the control of device owners.

You will never be able to activate and use that device.

i found an ipad but it is locked to owner, how do log into my apple id onthis ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.